Manager (m/f/x) Pilot Plant Operations
- Location: Norderstedt, Hamburg
- Entry as: Permanent
- Work Area: Research and Development
What you will do
At our Technology Center in Norderstedt, we operate all the machines required for adhesive tape production on a pilot scale. Process development, customer sampling, pilot production & the development of future processes are the core of the Technology Center whereby we act as a vital partner in the tesa innovation process. The position includes the following activities:
- Responsible for operating the process engineering equipment to produce product samples and ensure robust volume production of new products for all tesa focus markets
- Supporting the further development of machines & processes in collaboration with the development laboratories
- Coordination and continuous improvement of development operations including materials management and engineering
- Optimization of product manufacturing in terms of robust processes as well as implementation of effective quality, environmental and energy management systems
- Disciplinary management of 20-30 employees (incl. e.g. machine operators & process developers)
- Supporting the transfer of products & processes to the tesa plants
- Monitoring of legal obligations
What you will need
- Degree in engineering such as mechanical, process or production engineering and chemical engineering
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience and proven leadership experience in a chemical development/production environment
- Experience in quality management (ISO 9001/IATF16949) desirable
- Structured approach to work and excellent communication skills across all hierarchical levels
- Authentic leadership style in the form of a sustainable, employee-oriented and cooperative approach to work
- Hands on mentality, creativity as well as the ability to work in a team
- Good command of German and English, both written and spoken
- Digital affinity and confident use of common tesa applications (MS Office 365, SAP)
What you can expect
At tesa, we create adhesive solutions that improve the work, products and lives of our customers.
How we do it? At tesa, we dare to create! Therefore, we team up, we challenge ourselves and we set the pace. But we don’t just do that somehow. We act responsibly and always focus on our customers. Because only then we are able to achieve our goals and continuously improve our results.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and regard diversity as important for our long-term success. We expressly reject all forms of direct and indirect discrimination. All qualified applicants will be equally considered for employment regardless of their national origin, background, personal preferences and believes.
By applying you consent for the use of your resume for future opportunities within tesa.
If you want to find out more about tesa please visit us on our corporate web-page www.tesa.com and social media.
- Attractive remuneration
- Flexible working
- Further education and development perspectives
- Interdisciplinary and cross-departmental career opportunities
- Occupational pension provision
- Numerous offers for employees, such as health promotion, sports and leisure activities, employee discounts, and much more (including tesa Bike, the company's own fitness studio, prevention options)