Head of Data Management (m/f/x)
- Location: Norderstedt, Hamburg
- Entry as: Permanent
- Work Area: Information Technology
What you will do
- Develop, guide and lead the data management organization, consisting of a core team of direct reports and global network of data experts
- Accountible for the derivation of requirements on data management from generic and specific business demands (within global tesa organization, cross functional and cross process wise)
- Definition, implementation and continous improvement of measures to meet business demands on data foundation
- Strive for FAIR data (findable, accessible, interoperable, reusable), e.g. by a continously improved data catalog
- Drive data quality and efficiency by establishing adequate frameset of methods and tools
- Ensure definition and appliance of data governance, principles, architecture and applications
- Lead data management related projects, therefore steering internal resources as well as external partners globally
- As member of tesa data community, participate in joint projects and initiatives, such as increasing data democratization and literacy
What you will need
- Degree in business administration, engineering, business informatics and at least 7 years of relevant professional experience
- In-depth understanding of requirements on data, as well as its impact on business processes and digitalization
- Demonstrable experience from project management and operational activities with a focus on data foundation / data management
- Ability to coordinate and lead activities across departments and regions/countries
- Cross functional business (processes) knowledge, understanding of data capabilities in different business areas
- Profound understanding of data governance, data modelling, IT architecture, SAP ERP, Master Data Management systems, Front-End tools, Analytics/BI solutions, overview on IT applications and backend systems
- Very good command of written and spoken German & English
- Analytical and conceptual skills as well as strategic thinking
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication skills with all levels of management and staff, strong stakeholder management skills, people leadership skills
- Consultative skills that help create value for internal customers
- Pro-active approach to drive and deliver standards, concepts and improvements
What you can expect
At tesa, we create sustainable adhesive solutions that improve the work, products and lives of our customers.
How we do it? At tesa, we dare to create! Therefore, we team up, we challenge ourselves and we set the pace. But we don’t just do that somehow. We act responsibly and always focus on our customers. Because only then we are able to achieve our goals and continuously improve our results.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and regard diversity as important for our long-term success. We expressly reject all forms of direct and indirect discrimination. All qualified applicants will be equally considered for employment regardless of their national origin, background, personal preferences and believes.
By applying you consent for the use of your resume for future opportunities within tesa.
If you want to find out more about tesa please visit us on our corporate web-page www.tesa.com and social media.
- Attractive remuneration
- Flexible working
- Further education and development perspectives
- Interdisciplinary and cross-departmental career opportunities
- Occupational pension provision
- Numerous offers for employees, such as health promotion, sports and leisure activities, employee discounts, and much more (including tesa Bike, the company's own fitness studio, prevention options)